Tuesday 20 August 2013

Sample Bar - August Glampack

I thought I would do a review of my August Glam Pack as I was very impressed with this months haul!



I really do love Sample bar, I've been a member since last Year and I have to say I have found more than a few favourites! What I love about Sample bar is the fact that they bring products to you that you either haven't heard of or most likely haven't thought to try yourself. They source products from around the globe and locally of course, to bring you a gorgeously packed box delivered to your door each month!

As a general rule you will get 5 deluxe samples, most months you will get 1 or perhaps 2 full size (or very near to) products and that one product will generally cost more then the $25 you pay each month!

There is definitely a luxury element with sample bar, the products are usually a bit more exciting then your average supermarket or pharmacy finds, so it really has a special surprise waiting for you to unwrap!


Alright so this month box comes adorned in signature sample bar back and white box with white bow.. On unboxing there is signature black paper that pulls back to unveil the following goodies:

Full size - Obiqo gentle face wash
Nimue rejuvenating mask
Angel professional shampoo & conditioner
Full size - I love shimmer & shine lip gloss in strawberries & milkshake
Le tan tanning gel
BONUS 6th item, NAT. Restore moisture cream.

Obiqo gentle face wash

As taken from the Obiqo skincare website: "Obiqo face wash gives back as it cleanses, enriched with extracts of sea kelp and anti-oxidant sea lavender, supported by the gentle action of soothing camomile, softening comfrey, and cooling cucumber. Here you will also find a wash rich in Aloe Vera extract which is well known for its soothing, moisturising properties."

I cannot even put in to words how amazing this face wash smells let alone how good the bathroom smells after you have used it. It is beautiful to use before bed to remove make up, its gentle enough for every day use and my skin has been feeling silky smooth since I started using it. I have sensitive skin that is prone to dryness, flaking, redness, you name it I get it.. So I am over the moon to report this is gentle enough for my skin! I am so in love and look forward to looking at the rest of the Obiqo range. Beautiful, I think I may have to give a few bottles of this as gifts! 5/5

Nimue rejuvenating mask

"A cream mask that delivers instant results for a dramatically rejuvenated skin. Vitamin A and C Ester and Alpha Lipoic Acid provide an intensive treatment to revive the skin. Eliminates the damaging effects of free radicals to produce a brighter, and clearer complexion. Reduces the signs of premature skin ageing. Super hydrating benefit imparts a soft, smooth and radiant skin. Ideal for Environmentally damaged skin,  Hyper pigmented skin &  Problematic skin."

This is the luxury item out of this months glam pack.. The packaging was gorgeous, in a chic white pump dispenser.. Unfortunately I originally got a dud.. No problem though! I contacted sample bar and had a response from a friendly Sample Bar employee named Lana who sent me out the very last mask so i could get to try it too! I am so glad i was able to get a replacement as this mask is to die for, my skin was left feeling so beautifully soft and refreshed! 5/5!

Angel professional shampoo & conditioner

"Our latest obsession is with Marine Collagen. Not only does this unique ingredient moisturize and strengthen hair but it also gives it shine, enhanced volume and protects and repairs your hair. This marine shampoo and condition duo is a must try item!"

Last month in my glam pack I received the Angel professional leave in conditioner spray.. I have been using that for the past month with amazing results and amazing feeling hair so was very excited to receive these.. Again I was not disappointed.. My hair is soft, shiny, more manageable and these products smell divine.. I'm with you on this one sample bar, I too am obsessing over Marine Collagen! 5/5

I love shimmer & shine lip gloss in strawberries & milkshake

"New from the UK, this deliciously fruit range is designed to make you smile! Smooth this gorgeous gloss onto your lips to leave them feeling soft, moisturized and ultimately kissable. With a flavour to suit every taste discover the pure feel good factor of 'I love'"

Wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this one.. I tend to steer clear of lip glosses because I cannot stand sticky formulation where I feel like my lips are being super glued shut or I have a major paranoia and aversion of going near wind with the fear that my hair will be glued to my mouth.. But alas I gave it a go and was actually happy impressed. This product smells delicious, its FAR from sticky, it gives a gorgeous light tint and very subtle shimmer. Really nice if you want a bit of a 'perk me up' would definitely try the rest of this range. 3/5 only because im not a lip gloss girl!

Le tan tanning gel

"Le Tan Coconut Tanning Gel is a clear, gradual tanning gel that develops in just four hours. The gel absorbs quickly into the skin creating a streak-free finish. It contains vitamin E to hydrate and moisturise the skin. Coconut Tanning Gel is light and non-sticky and leaves the skin feeling smooth. Available in Bronze and Deep Bronze."

Very happy to receive this beautiful coconut scented tanning gel in 'deep bronze'. Le tan is by far my choice of brand for sunscreen or fake tan.. I adore their gradual daily tanning lotion so this was already going to be a winner in my books. Product smells delicious, doesn't smell like horrible fake tan like most products do and as usual this trusted brand delivers on its promise. I would recommend using this product in conjunction with their gradual daily tanning lotion for a bit of umph and to help maintain your colour! As im more of a gradual daily tanner girl im going to give it a 3/5.

NAT. Restore moisture cream

"NAT. FACE restore moisture cream contains natural antioxidants to soften, hydrate and balance sensitive and fragile skin.  Herbal extracts of calendula, sweet woodruff and chamomile dramatically reduce redness and inflammation associated with delicate, fragile skin.  Potent antioxidants soften and balance the skin and help it to retain adequate levels of moisture."

This ticks every single box for me in what I look for a moisturizer! I hate thick hard to apply moisturizers.. This was beautiful, it was easy to apply, nice and light.. Doesn't irritate my skin.. Left my skin silky smooth and has no nasty's! I think I will definitely be buying myself the full size pottle of this! 5/5

Love & Light,

Jay xo
fromjayloutoyou@gmail.com
instagram: xjayloux

To purchase sample bar subscription head along to www.samplebar.co.nz









1 comment:

  1. Review is awesome! I've been using xlash eyelash serum for nearly 6 weeks and it's fantastic. I use it twice a day and noticed a change at week 5. My husband actually noticed. That alone is impressive. I bought it from http://www.xlash.net/ I was doing lash extensions and all the technicians would tell me how short and straight my lashes are. I sadly had to stop getting them because my eyelashes were becoming so weak from the extensions. I needed something and latisse causes dark lines on my eyes, so that wasn't an option. Researched and found xlash eyelash serum. I can't imagine to see the result. My lases are ridiculously long. They're blonde, so I wear mascara, but I used to wear three coats of it to have them look halfway decent. Now it's one application and I'm done. It's not so pricey, but extensions were costing me 100 a month. So i i would recommend this product.

    ReplyDelete